SmartphoneRecycling.com has developed a unique hybrid approach to data security & erasure, based on the specific needs of our diverse participants. We offer a Standard Data Erasure option and a Certified Data Erasure option, which are explained in detail below:
Standard Data Erasure
We factory reset most devices at the SmartphoneRecycling.com facility. Outdated items are physically destroyed through a shredding process.
- Selected older phones may be sold to refurbishment companies who erase the data.
- ‘No power’ devices may be sold to parts reclamation companies, who erase the data or destroy the motherboard.
|Our default option is free. This option will maximize our payout to you.|
Certified Data Erasure
We factory reset all devices at the SmartphoneRecycling.com facility. Outdated items are physically destroyed through a shredding process.
- Devices that cannot be factory reset will be physically destroyed through a shredding process.
- You will receive a Certificate of Data Erasure certifying your devices were factory reset or physically destroyed through a shredding process.
|This upgraded & certified option will reduce our payout to you by 40%.*|
* Why does Certified Data Erasure involve a 40% Payout Reduction? Under our Certified Data Erasure service, we do not resell ‘no power’ smartphones and older flip phones to third parties. These devices are shredded. As such, no recycling proceeds are realized from these devices.